Multi-vessel tow and hook-up keeps first oil on schedule
Optimal combination of technical capabilities and crew competencies minimises costs and maintains project schedule.
Maersk Supply Service was contracted for the tow and hook-up of Statoil’s Gjøa platform in the North Sea in 2010. The multi-vessel project involved towing the platform from the construction yards out to its offshore location. This was achieved using three L-class vessels and two T-class vessels, which were then used to keep the platform in position during the hook-up.
The high-horse power, state-of-the-art vessels featured the latest dynamic positioning technology. Two of the vessels were fitted with a dual set of heavy-duty ROVs.
During the hook-up operation, Maersk Supply Service and Aker Marine Contractors provided ROV services for the pick-up of the moorings from the seabed and the monitoring and survey of the mooring system.
Maersk Supply Service was chosen for its competitive pricing, proven track record and the ability to provide the right vessels and equipment for the project. We could show the right combination of technical capabilities and crew competencies backed up documented training procedures and safety performance.
The project was completed on schedule with no accidents. Keeping to a tight schedule was important as this helped Statoil to minimise costs and keep to its plans for achieving first oil.
Tow and Hook-up
More Case Stories
- Perenco Subsea Structure Recovery Servicescommunications2021-05-04T14:25:26+00:00
- Pre-installation of an FPSO mooring systemcommunications2021-03-09T08:17:59+00:00
- Anchor Pre-lay Offshore MexicoHayley Palmer2020-12-11T14:23:25+00:00
- Fluminense Mooring Lines Life ExtensionHayley Palmer2020-05-12T12:40:47+00:00
- Multi-Purpose Field SupportHayley Palmer2020-05-12T12:04:42+00:00
- Offshore Wind Walk-to-WorkHayley Palmer2020-05-12T11:28:24+00:00
- FPSO Mooring Install & ReplacementHayley Palmer2020-08-14T11:12:41+00:00
- Supporting Testing of Upgraded Ocean Cleaning SystemHayley Palmer2020-10-14T09:27:36+00:00
- Angola Light Well Intervention CampaignHayley Palmer2020-08-14T11:13:29+00:00
- Tow & Installation of Ocean Cleaning SystemHayley Palmer2021-05-12T10:31:42+00:00
- Leadon DecommissioningHayley Palmer2019-12-30T11:56:37+00:00
- Angola Block 15 Jumper InstallationHayley Palmer2020-08-14T11:14:37+00:00
- Deep Sea Mineral ExplorationHayley Palmer2019-12-30T12:13:32+00:00
- Culzean FSO Towing & MooringHayley Palmer2019-12-30T15:11:50+00:00
- HebronHayley Palmer2019-12-30T15:21:32+00:00
- Janice & James DecomissioningHayley Palmer2020-10-14T09:26:56+00:00
- Maersk Connector Cable InstallationHayley Palmer2019-12-30T15:38:06+00:00
- Mafumeira SulHayley Palmer2020-08-14T11:17:25+00:00
- LivornoHayley Palmer2019-12-30T15:49:56+00:00
- SchiehallionHayley Palmer2019-12-30T16:16:56+00:00
- Skarv FPSO Tow & Hook UpHayley Palmer2019-12-30T16:21:12+00:00
- GjøaHayley Palmer2019-12-30T16:25:25+00:00
- Peregrino FPSO Hook UpHayley Palmer2019-12-30T16:28:24+00:00
- Angola Installation & TowingHayley Palmer2020-08-14T11:17:49+00:00
- ErhaHayley Palmer2020-08-14T11:35:13+00:00
- CABGOC Offshore SupportHayley Palmer2020-08-14T11:18:08+00:00
- Arctic ProjectsHayley Palmer2020-12-11T14:33:08+00:00